Would you look at that! It looks like Rocking The Daisies is all about free living this year. Capitec is doing a Swap Shop where you can swap your rad festival stuff for other people festival stuff. I’ve already gotten involved and handed over one of my favourite blow-up toys, no nothing like that you creep, it’s a blow up shark, and it’s perfect for the dam. There’s a bunch of other rad stuff on the list already, including signed merch from bands, a wall – not quite sure how that will work, a smelly shirt that belonged to Jeremy Loops, and a festival survival kit put together by Beast – if you know who that band is made up of I’m sure you’ll agree, it has to be good. In fact, I may try trade for it.
(See below for a few more items)
Amongst a heap of epic festival stuff this stuff is also up for grabs/trade:
- Mamello – Adiddas shoes
- Chris Steenkamp – wall
- Moving House – 2 mixed cds
- Two Minute Puzzle – Dan’s sticks, Pat’s old watch, CD of Andrew’s solo project, and their full-length album.
- Beast – “Festival Survival Kit” carefully packaged for just this purpose by the members of Beast
- Bilderberg Motel – A tambourine
- ISO – 3 cd’s & dvd, keyring
- Shadowclub signed – Isaac’s sticks and Jacques t shirt used for the KOL tour, and Isaacs favourite slippers.
- Desmond and the Tutus – Signed drumsticks, 2 CDs, a vinyl and stickers
- December Streets – signed drumsticks, tour poster and CD
- Kongos – Full on pack with cd’s/dvds
Besides the bad stuff, they’ve got some festival essentials and some other fun stuff. All you have to do (if you’re going to Daisies) is take along something to swap, it’s that simple. If you’re lucky enough you may find yourself floating around on my shark.